Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fashion Blogger Of The Week: Peony Lim On Her Blogging Style And Mini Dachshund


Peony Lim is one of the chicest bloggers around. She first started her blog after some warm encouragement from street style photographers hanging around outside her university (luckily based at the home of British Fashion, Somerset House) and has just celebrated her second blogging birthday. The model and stylist recently appeared on the panel of our School of Grazia ‘Street Style, Trend Spotting and Photography’ masterclass where she dished out helpful advice on everything from lighting to posing for the camera. We love Lim's blog for it's mix of inspiring personal style posts, recipes and adorable pictures of her Miniature Dachshund Thumbelina...

Grazia Daily: How long have you been blogging?
Peony Lim: Just two years this month.

Grazia Daily: What made you decide to start your blog?
Peony Lim: Fate really. I didn't want to be an intern and I knew I wanted to work in fashion. I had met some street style photographers outside my university during fashion week (I was based at Somerset House) and they encouraged me to try blogging when I graduated.

Grazia Daily: Which subjects do you particularly love blogging about?
Peony Lim: Food, Fashion and Travel are my loves. Oh and my dog Thumbelina.

Grazia Daily: What’s been your highlight so far?
Peony Lim: Gosh making it a full time job has felt like living the dream.

Grazia Daily: Are there any particular perks of blogging? Do you get freebies or invited to events?
Peony Lim: Yes and yes, but I think the best thing is being creatively in control. Thats wonderful and rare.

Grazia Daily: Do you attend London Fashion Week?
Peony Lim: Yes, and New York Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week.

Grazia Daily: What are your favourite brands?
Peony Lim: Hermes, Prada, Alexander McQueen, Balmain, and I love Zara on the highstreet.

Grazia Daily: Blog brag time - why should people read your blog?
Peony Lim: Awkward. I don't know. If you like Miniature Dachshunds, food and some classic clothes, give me a try. I promise you don't have to come back if you hate it!

Grazia Daily: What advice do you have for anyone starting a blog?
Peony Lim: A great camera and some one who knows how to use it goes along way. Also be yourself. You can't be anything 100% better than anyone else!

Grazia Daily: Which other fashion blogs do you love?
Peony Lim: Vanessa Jackman and Food Gawker to find new food blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment